Access the NWTC Network from an internet connection anywhere! Use the Virtual Desktop for remote access to:
Use NWTC Software
- Save files to your H: Drive
- Send files to be printed through NWTC_Print (remember to pick them up within 72 hours!)
Access the Virtual Desktop
Go to https://vdi.nwtc.edu using any device's browser. Then choose to:
Download the App
Click the left icon to install the VMware Horizon app (or go to your app store to download it).
- Install App for Windows
- Install App for Android
- Install App for Mac OS
- Install App for iPhone or iPad
The first time on each device, you will need to click New Server, enter vdi.nwtc.edu as the name of the Connection Server, and click Connect. It will remember the server and give you an icon for connecting next time.
Or Use the Web
If you don’t want to use the app, click on the right icon for VMware Horizon HTML access. NOTE: The web version does not allow you to save to a USB drive.
- For either option, choose to Accept the NWTC electronic resource guidelines.
- Then login using your 8-digit NWTC ID number and your regular NWTC password.
- Click Student Windows 7 to initiate the connection.
Wait ... You will soon be connected to the Virtual Desktop, the software will be loaded, and you will see your personalized settings.
Leaving the Virtual Desktop
- Using the app, choose Options at the top and Disconnect and Log Off.
- Using the web version, choose Start at the bottom and Log off.
NWTC Software Accessible through Virtual Desktop
|Adobe Acrobat Pro||Business English at Work||FileZilla|
|Gimp 2||Google Chrome||Java|
|LexisNexis CaseMap||LexisNexis TimeMap||Medisoft|
|MicroPace||Microsoft Expression||Microsoft Office 2013|
|Microsoft SQL 2014||Modumath||Mozilla Firefox|
|Notepad ++||ReadOutLoud||Sage 50 Accounting|
|Tabs3 & PracticeMaster||Visual Studio 2015||
Violet UML Editor
**Quickbooks and Eclipse are also available now for virtual access**
View this video to see how you can download and install the application for your personal computer.
Help with the Virtual Desktop