PDF stands for "portable document format". Essentially, the format is used when you need to save files that cannot be modified but still need to be easily shared and printed. Today almost everyone has a version of Adobe Reader or other program on their computer that can read a PDF file.
Important: Once you have saved a document as a PDF file, you cannot convert it back to a Microsoft Office file format without specialized software or a third-party add-in.
To save a file in .pdf format:
- Open the document you want to save as a .pdf
- Click the File tab
- Click Save As (choosing Save As keeps your original version and allows you to save an additional copy in another file format.)
- In the File Name box, enter a name for the file if you haven't already
- Click the drop down arrow in the Save as Type box and click PDF (*.pdf) - If you don't see this as an option in the menu, make sure you have the free Adobe Reader software installed on your computer.
- If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box
- Click Options box for other available options
- Click Save
**You may also see an option to "Export" your document/file to a PDF in your File menu, which you an use instead of following the "save as" instructions if you prefer.
- Well explained I now understand u you are a great teacher thanks
- Wow, thats a nice one. Thanks
- I don't have a PDF choice in the drop down box. What do I do?
- I don't have a PDF choice in the drop down box. Is there another way to save my file as a PDF?
- BY GEORGE! Josy was quite correct in paying you a COMPLIMENT: You are indeed an OUTSTANDING teacher.
Kudos to You,
- Thank you for sharing this info.I wish you share more and be more simplified.God bless you.
- Can I email a completed PDF. I received a form to fill out on an attachment of an email for my doctor and I have it saved now just need to fill the form out and email it back Fran
- Thank you for sharing information
- Thank you. And Siri
- Helpful indeed
- Thanks a lot. One of my problems has now been resolved.
- Brilliant work
- How can I change a pdf file into a file that I can print out?