Individuals who want assistance with their tax return can get help through NWTC. Local Accounting students typically provide free services in Green Bay and Marinette each Spring.
To schedule an appointment, call 920-491-2655.
To see if you are eligible for this service or to make an appointment online, please click on the link below.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time. Please allow 60 minutes to prepare your tax return.
Items to Bring:
- Proof of Identify (driver's license, other ID card)
- Social Security or ITIN number and Date of Birth for each family member
- Copy of Last Year’s Federal and State Returns (If you have them)
- Account Numbers for Checking and Savings accounts if you want Direct Deposit
Tax Documents/Receipts for the following items which can be prepared:
- Wage Statements (Form W-2)
- Unemployment Compensation (Form 1099G)
- Social Security Income (Form SSA-1099)
- Interest and Dividend Statements (Forms 1099-DIV, 1099-INT)
- Child Care Expenses Paid in 2017 and Provider Name, Address, and Tax ID
- Student Loan Interest Payments (Form 1098-E)
- Tuition Payment Statements (Form 1098-T)
- Education Expenses including receipts for books, supplies and equipment required for courses
- Real Estate Taxes Paid in 2017
- Rent Paid in 2017
- Medical Expenses (Paid out of pocket in 2017, including post-tax premiums)
- If Itemizing on Schedule A: Charitable Donations and Mortgage Interest Paid in 2017 (Form 1098)
- If claiming Homestead Credit (Schedule H): 2017 Rent Certificate/2017 Property Tax Bill and household income items.
- Click here for a blank copy of the 2017 Rent Certificate: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/TaxForms2017through2019/2017-RentCertificate.pdf
Returns Not Prepared by NWTC students:
- Income (AGI) > or = $70,000
- Married Filing Separately (unless children involved and filing as Head of Household)
- Foreign Students
- Allocated Tips
- Farm Income/Loss (Schedule F)
- Military Active Duty Income
- Minor’s Investment Income (Form 8615)
- Office in the Home
- Out-Of-State Returns
- Partnership Income/Loss (K-1 1065)
- Rental Income (Schedule E)
- Self-Employment Income - expenses over $5,000
- S-Corps Income/Loss (K-1 1120S)
- Trusts Income/Loss (K-1 1041))
If you have any questions, please call (920) 491-2655; leave your name, phone number and a brief message and someone will return your call.
If you are looking for an appointment in Marinette, please call (715) 735-7785.