WIA is a re-employment and training program designed to assist dislocated workers, other adults and youth to enter into high-demand occupations and gain livable wages within their geographical areas.
You may be eligible for WIA if:
- You have been permanently laid off from your employment.
- You are unemployed or underemployed with additional barriers to employment. Income guidelines may apply.
- You are an out of school youth, up to the age of 21, who has barriers to employment. Income guidelines apply.
What kind of services does WIA provide?
Core & Intensive Services include:
- Assistance in job search and job placement
- Assessment of skills and barriers to employment
- Labor market and career information
- Skill enhancing workshops
- Referrals to community resources
- GED Training
Training Services (funding for education) may be available to individuals who are determined eligible and do not secure employment through Core and Intensive services. Financial assistance may be provided for tuition, books and other support services depending on eligibility and need.
Interested individuals should contact the Wisconsin Job Center in Green Bay at (920) 448-6760 to get connected to a WIA Case Manager. If you reside out of Green Bay, please visit the Wisconsin Job Center site to find your local Job Center.