You can choose tab stops in your ruler view from the upper left corner. It looks like this:

 tab icon

If you click on the box, it will change to different types of tab stops that you can place on your ruler (left tab, center tab, right tab, decimal tab, bar tab, first line indent, and hanging indent). When you set them on the ruler, it will tell Word that any time you press the "Tab" button on your keyboard, it will move to the "Tab stop" that you placed. 

More information on tab stops and how to use them

Sorry, chat is currently offline. Enter your question above to find an answer or to email your question to us.