If you send an email from your student email but wish to recall or "undo" the submission, you can! As long as you have the proper setting enabled in your general email settings.
Here is how you can set up this feature:
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of your screen after logging into your email account.
- Click Settings.
- Select the General tab, and navigate to Undo Send.
- Check the Enable Undo Send button.
- Using the dropdown menu, you can change the cancellation period time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds. You will only have a maximum of 30 seconds to "undo" the sent email.
- Scroll down and click Save Changes.
After you send an email, you will see a yellow tooltip near the top of your inbox that says “Your message has been sent. Undo. View Message.” You can click “Undo” to recall the email, and you’ll be sent to the email’s draft, where you can make any edits or discard the message entirely.
*Remember you only have 30 seconds to do this!*