Access the NWTC Network from an internet connection anywhere! Use the Virtual Desktop for remote access to:
Use NWTC Software
- Save files to your H: Drive
- Send files to be printed through NWTC_Print (remember to pick them up within 72 hours!)
Access the Virtual Desktop
Go to https://vdi.nwtc.edu using any device's browser. Then choose to install the App or access through a web browser.
The first time on each device, you will need to click New Server, enter vdi.nwtc.edu as the name of the Connection Server, and click Connect. It will remember the server and give you an icon for connecting next time.
Use the Web
If you don’t want to use the app, click on the left side icon for VMware Horizon HTML access. NOTE: The web version does not allow you to save to a USB drive.
- For either option, choose to Accept the NWTC electronic resource guidelines.
- Then login using your 8-digit NWTC ID number and your NWTC password.
- Click Student Windows 10 to initiate the connection.
It will begin to load and you will soon be connected to the Virtual Desktop. The software will be loaded, and you will see your personalized settings.
Leaving the Virtual Desktop
- Using the app, choose Options at the top and Disconnect and Log Off.
- Using the web version, choose Start at the bottom and Log off.
NWTC Software Accessible through Virtual Desktop
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Android SDK Tools
Blend for Visual Studio 2015
Business English at Work
FileZilla (FTP Client)
Internet Explorer 11
Keyboarding - (Cortez Peters 4, Skillbuilding Online, GDP Gregg College Keyboarding)
LexisNexis CaseMap 11
LexisNexis TimeMap 5
Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft SQL 2014 & 2008
Tabs3 & Practice Master
Visual Studio 2015
View this video to see how you can download and install the application for your personal computer.
Help with the Virtual Desktop