The attached handout provides these instructions along with screen shots.
1. Click on the Insert tab.
2. Click on Page Number in the Header & Footer group.
3. Choose the location of page number (usually top of page).
4. Plain Number 3 is most used option when adding name/page number to header. Click on your choice.
5. The header is open and the page number is inserted with the cursor positioned in front of the number. Start typing your name (it will type backwards from the page number). When finished typing your name, hit the space bar to insert a space between your name and number.
6. Your name and subsequent page numbers will now appear on all pages of your document.
7. Close the Header and Footer Tools Design tab by clicking Close Header & Footer tab.
8. To edit, double click by your name or page number to open the design tab. Make changes and close.
9. To delete, double click by your name or page number to open the design tab. Highlight and click delete key.
Note: Use the same procedures to add this information to footer of your document, only choose Bottom of Page in step #3 above.
- I tried so many times to paginate various Word 10 documents, including having my name along with the page number at top of every page except the first. I have looked it up many times and wasted hours unsuccessfully trying to do it. Finally, the directions here WORKED! So, THANK YOU... I am grateful for the detailed and easy to read and understand directions.