To print a .pdf file in the Adobe Reader application:
1) Click File>Print from the top left of the PDF document.
2) To print single sided - next to the printer name in the Print dialog box, click Properties. In the Uniflow dialog box that appears, look for Duplex. Click on the dropdown menu and select "Simplex" (you can also change your printing options once you go to the printer to retrieve your print jobs. You just need to highlight the document you want to print, then choose the Options button and look for the Duplex option. Touch the dropdown arrow and select "Simplex")
It is sometimes convenient to print more than one page of your .pdf file onto a single page, much like the multiple slide feature available in applications such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
To print multiple pages of a .pdf file on one page:
- Click File>Print.
- In the Page Handling Section>select Multiple Pages per sheet from the Page Scaling dropdown menu.
- Select your desired options from the Pages Per Sheet and Page Order menus.
- Note the print preview changes as you select different print options.
- Click OK to print.
Note: The printer icon in the Adobe toolbar will also open the print menu box.
Increasingly, pdf files are opened and printed while in an Internet browser. If you do not see a print icon, press the keys Ctrl-P, and a print dialog box will pop up. Check the print preview carefully, as Internet browsers printing functions are not as reliable, or sophisticated as using Adobe Acrobat.
If a file continues to open only in the Internet browser, download and save it. Then right click on the saved file, and select the "Open With"...."Adobe Acrobat". Then follow the above directions for managing your print job.