PDF stands for "portable document format". It was introduced to ease the sharing of documents between computers and across operating system platforms when you need to save files that cannot be modified but still need to be easily shared and printed. Today almost everyone has a version of Adobe Reader or other program on their computer that can read a PDF file.
Important: Once you have saved a document as a PDF file, you cannot convert it back to a Microsoft Office file format without specialized software or a third-party add-in.
To save a file in .pdf format:
1. Open the document you want to save as a .pdf
2. Click the File tab
3. Click Save As (choosing Save As keeps your original version and saves a copy of it in .pdf format)
4. In the File Name box, enter a name for the file if you haven't already
5. Click the drop down arrow in the Save as type box and click PDF (*.pdf)
6. If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box
7. Click Options box for other available options
8. Click Save
*See attached document for more detailed information
- Well explained I now understand u you are a great teacher thanks
- Wow, thats a nice one. Thanks
- I don't have a PDF choice in the drop down box. What do I do?