There are several reasons why a link in Blackboard Learn may not work for you.
Below are a few of the most common ones:
- Your pop-up blocker may be blocking the link. It is trying to open in a new window but cannot. Please look for an information bar at the top of your browser to see if the browser is trying to alert you to this issue.
- The link may be opening, but very slowly. You may need to wait a while to see if this is the case. Large powerpoint files with many graphics can take a long time to load. Some browsers do not do a good job letting you know that they are still working on loading a large file. It may look like they are finished when they are not.
- The url may be incorrect or be missing the beginning part that allows students to access a Library resource from off-campus. This part looks like http://ezproxy.nwtc.edu:2048/login?url=
- The url may have had spaces or foreign characters in it, and Blackboard Learn is not accepting it.
- The instructor may have forgotten to set up the link to open in a new window (for library links).
First try to right click on the link and either open it in a new tab or new window.
If that does not work, try to copy and paste the link in a browser outside of Blackboard Learn to see if that makes a difference.
If that does not help, contact your instructor so s/he can troubleshoot the link. If it is working for everyone else in the course, then you will need to look at the settings on your computer.
Remember that you can contact the 24-Hour Student Help Desk for technical difficulties at 866-235-5037 Toll-Free.