Skip to Questions

Ask a Librarian


How can I buy my books if Financial Aid isn't disbursed until after the semester begins?

Last Updated: Feb 23, 2016  |  38 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


Book Vouchers! Be sure to apply for a book voucher (if you are expecting financial aid in excess of your tuition and fees) so you can get your books at the start of the semester.

To request a book voucher for the coming term, the following must be true:

  • Financial aid has been awarded for the school year of coming term.
  • You are registered for classes in the coming term.
  • You have no overdue balance on your account. (You can check your account in my.NWTC).

 Instructions for requesting a book voucher 

  1. On the NWTC homepage, click on the Students link at the top right of the page. Then click on my.NWTC and log in.
  2. Go to the Student Center Tab.
  3. Click on the Finances heading.
  4. Click on the Apply for a Book Voucher link under Financial Aid heading.  
    Review the student statement - You must click on the “I agree” radio button to continue.
  5. Enter your e-mail address.
  6. Enter the term you are requesting the voucher for (View semester codes).
  7. Click on Apply for Book Voucher.

When done, print the information page for your records.

Requests can only be submitted online. Requests are processed in 48 hours or less. Please note: after financial aid disbursement has begun, refund processing may cause a delay or denial of your request. Your eligibility will be determined automatically.

Book vouchers are granted on a term-by-term basis. You must request a separate book voucher for each term.

Answered by Carole ParishBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    More Ways to Ask Us

    • a small icon
      Call us: 920-498-5493 or
      1-800-422-NWTC ext. 5493
    • a small icon
    • a small icon
      Text us: 920-288-2ASK

    Live Chat

    Sorry, chat is currently offline. Enter your question above to find an answer or to email your question to us.