What is Credit for Prior Learning and where can I find out more information about it?
NWTC recognizes that skills and knowledge may be gained in ways other than through formal classroom or laboratory learning. In order to receive Credit for Prior Learning, you must be officially enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate program. Also, a minimum of 25 percent of core course requirements must be taken through NWTC.
Specific types of Credit for Prior Learning are:
- Credit by Secondary School Written Agreement
- Credit for Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Credit for Youth Options Program
- Credit For International Baccalaureate
- Credit For Prior Learning For Journey Level Apprenticeship Training
- Credit by NWTC Exam
- Credit By National Exam
- Credit For Work/ Life Experience
- Transfer of Credit From Other Colleges or Universities