Can I save a PowerPoint presentation as a Word document or PDF?
The attached handout provides these instructions along with screen shots.
To save a PowerPoint file as a Word Document:
- Open PowerPoint File in PowerPoint. Change presentation to Black and White to save on color Inside PowerPoint by clicking the View tab and in the Color/Grayscale group, click Pure Black and White.
Click File> Export > Create Handouts.
Send to Microsoft Word dialog box opens.
Choose page layout from options given.
Choose how you want slides added to your word document.
- Word will open with handouts created.
1. Click the File tab.
2. Click Export >Click Create PDF/XPS Document.
3. Click Create PDF/XPS.
4. Name the file and choose a location for it. NOTE: You will want to keep a copy of the Word file as a .docx file if you want to make changes. A PDF file can only be changed if you have Adobe Acrobat Professional. Keep in mind the PDF file can always be recreated from the Word file.
5. The file will launch and be viewable inside the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program.