How do I drop a class?
To drop a class BEFORE the first day of class:
- Log in to your my.NWTC account.
- Click on the Student Center Tab.
- Select the Drop a Class link
Select the appropriate class by clicking on the select box and clicking Drop Selected Classes.
Click on Finish Dropping.
A success message appears once the class has been removed.
Financial Aid Students should check with a Financial Aid Advisor to review the consequences of dropping classes. Your award or anticipated award may be affected.
To drop a class AFTER the first day of class, you will need to follow the Withdraw from a Class process.
Students can officially withdraw from classes before 60% of the class has been completed; a Withdraw (W) grade will be posted.
- If a student withdraws during the refund period, a refund adjustment may be posted to their account. If student receives financial aid, veteran’s funding or agency assistance, it is their responsibility to notify the appropriate office to verify potential repayment of funds.
- If you are a financial aid recipient or receive funding from other sources, please be advised that changes to your enrollment may affect your current and future eligibility. Please contact the Financial Aid Office or your advisor before making any changes to your enrollment.
After the 60% date of the class, no withdrawals are allowed; students will get the grade earned. Students wishing to appeal the grade earned after the 60% date of class must provide documentation of extenuating circumstances. Please read the following policies and procedures below.