Based upon program choice, student degree completion analysis, and years of military service, service members and veterans may be awarded up to 7 credits of general education coursework as outlined below. To be eligible, service members and veterans must submit a DD-214 or NGB-22 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) showing the total years of service and an honorable discharge. To obtain a copy, please contact your County Veteran Service Office. To learn more about which courses you can get college credit for, please visit the NWTC Military Credit page

Additional opportunities for awarding college credit might exist upon the review of Joint Service Transcript (JST) and Community College of the Airforce transcript (CCAF). We encourage you to talk to a Credit for Prior Learning advisor if you think you might have additional college credit not through the years of service. 

If you attended another school and earned college credit for courses not already listed on JST or CCAF transcript, you are encouraged to send you transcript to NWTC. Credit will be awarded where possible as it applies to your degree program.

If some college credit does not transfer, you can always petition for credit in NWTC courses through completion of standardized exams institutional exams (developed by NWTC), skills demonstration or portfolio assessments to validate any prior knowledge you might have.