Legal Action of Wisconsin provides free civil legal services for low income residents of Brown, Calumet, Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Outagamie counties.
Assistance can be available for these and other problems:
- Family Law - divorce, child custody and paternity issues where you have been the victim of domestic violence
- Housing - potential eviction and other problems with your landlord in private, Section 8, or public housing
- Public benefits - any issues you are having receiving public benefits like Badgercare, W-2 or Foodshare, or overpayment issues related to public benefits
- Consumer Law - problems with aggressive debt collectors, payday lenders, and some bankruptcies
- Barriers to employment - problems with incorrect or misleading criminal records or drivers' license suspensions unrelated to OWIs