Disability Services at NWTC offers assistance to individuals with disabilities at ALL NWTC sites.
They offer a wide range of services and accommodations to assist students in reaching their educational goals. The Disability Services staff will help guide students through their educational experience at NWTC by providing case management and support services.
They strongly encourage students who have a documented disability to communicate their needs and to use these services.
Students with exceptional educational needs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Blind or Visually Impaired
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Orthopedically Impaired
- Speech Impaired
These students may be eligible for the following services:
- Disability Services Case Managers
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Accommodations such as adaptive equipment and alternative learning devices and testing
- Transition Services for high school students with disabilities who are interested in attending NWTC